From Zenoss Wiki
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
The purpose of this page is to cover the ins and outs of installing ZenPacks, eggs, etc.
- Overview of ZenPacks and /opt/zenoss/ZenPacks directory
- Importance of proper .egg file names (renamed eggs don't work)
- Don't put all your eggs in one basket (keep .egg files out of /opt/zenoss/ZenPacks -- zenpack install will try to create a directory of the same name inside /opt/zenoss)
- Don't forget to restart zenoss after install (so zenoss internals can be updated and patched.) Symptoms: device and component methods not existing.
- Using link mode
- Converting from "regular" mode to link mode in-place
- Include Convert a ZenPack to Development Mode and related tips.