Newsletter 5:The Zenoss Core 5 Beta 1 release is now available
The Zenoss Core 5 Beta 1 release is now available!
The trek to Zenoss Core 5 general availability continues! Now we are to “beta 1” (yes – we intend to have a another beta drop this summer – that one will be called “beta 2”).
Thank you for making Alpha 2 a huge success!
Over 2,000 downloads and great feedback shows us how engaged and interested you are in the success of the new release. A special thanks to each one of you for making this happen!
We at Zenoss we continue to be encouraged and committed to making Zenoss Core the best open-source monitoring platform.
Read on to learn about the new features included in the the Zenoss Core 5 Beta 1 release and how you can pocket an Amazon gift card just by being one of our early testers!
The Core 5 Beta 1 includes the following current and new features:
- Zenoss Control Center Features
- Out-of-band management and monitoring of all Zenoss components
- Zenoss service templates enables consistent configuration
- Deploy and start Zenoss in seconds, nearly anywhere via Docker support
- Native snapshot and rollback support, seconds to backup/restore
- New ZenPack & ZenDMD Management support
- New online backup and restore
- New snapshot/rollback capabilities
- New multi-host deployment
- Central Performance Big Data Back End Features
- OpenTSDB/HBase central performance architecture
- HTML5 charts with CSV export support
- Operations Heads Up Display - Detach and maximize chart UI components for NOC displays
- Lossless KPI retention with user definable retention period
- New asymmetrical KPI collection and visualization
- Timezone UI support
- KPI API, Tag and store KPI MOM - data agnostic external metric integration
- Enhanced UX
- New component charts mashup - Consolidate multiple component charts onto a single chart for better root cause and cause/effect analysis
- Event class and transform UI with syntax highlighting
- Device Maintenance Management UI
For more information about the underlying technologies used in the Beta 1 release of Europa, see Zenoss Core 5 Beta 1 & Zenoss Core 5 Beta 1 Evaluation guide.
Next Steps - Kick the Tires, Give Us Your Feedback, and Receive an Amazon Gift Card!
Ready, set, go! Now that the Beta 1 is available, download it and start kicking the tires.The first 10 users to download the Beta 1 and complete our online survey will receive a $30 Amazon gift card from Zenoss.
Also, thanks again to all of the Community members who downloaded and tested the Zenoss Core 5 Alpha 2 release. We look forward to your continued support with Beta 1. Post your feedback, questions, issues, or requests in our 5.0 testing forum. And, watch your feedback come to life as Zenoss Core 5 unified monitoring capabilities continue to expand!
The Zenoss development team will continue their focus on the Zenoss Core 5 release over the coming months. Plans are already underway for the release of a fully functional Beta 2 to the Zenoss Community within the next 4-5 weeks. Stay connected to ensure you always have the latest on the Zenoss Core 5 release!