ZenPack:Dynamic Service View
- Zenoss, Inc.
- ZenPack name
Dynamic Service View ZenPack
The ZenPack Catalog has moved to its new home at https://www.zenoss.com/product/zenpacks as of January 17, 2017. The following information may be out of date, and this page will eventually be removed.
This ZenPack is included with commercial versions of Zenoss and enterprise support for this ZenPack is provided to Zenoss customers with an active subscription.
The ZenPacks.zenoss.DynamicView ZenPack provides a dynamic visualization of system objects and their relationships to other objects.
You can access the dynamic view from groups, systems, and locations. Depending on the object type, different relationships are illustrated. Each dynamic view shows related objects in a graph. Each object in that graph displays its associated event information.
Dynamic Service View: Locations Graph
When you click an object in the graph, the "inspector" panel appears. This panel provides detailed information about the object and links directly to it. Information that appears in the inspector depends on the object type selected.
Dynamic Service View: Inspector Panel
View controls appear to the right of the graph. These allow you to adjust your view:
- Overview - Toggles display on and off of the graph overview illustration.
- Magnifier - Toggles on and off the magnifier, which allows you to magnify selected portions of the graph.
- Zoom In - Zooms in on the graph.
- Zoom Out- Zooms out on the graph.
- Fit View - Fits the graph to the browser page.
- Refresh - Refreshes the graph.
Dynamic View: View Controls
|Product||Zenoss platform 4.x, Zenoss 3.0 or higher|
|Other||Oracle JRE 1.5 or later, Flash-enabled Web browser|
Dynamic View of Organizers
The dynamic view of organizers shows objects that can impact the status of the organizer, such as other organizers and devices. This view also shows relationships between devices and a virtual infrastructure, such as VMware or Cisco UCS objects monitored by the system, as well as storage information.
To access the dynamic view for an organizer (such as a group, system, or location):
- From Infrastructure > Devices, select the organizer in the devices hierarchy.
- Click Details.
- Select Dynamic Service View.
Dynamic View of Devices
The dynamic view of devices shows the relationship between a device and monitored components.
To access the dynamic view for a device:
- From Infrastructure > Devices, click a device in the device list. The device overview page appears.
- Select Dynamic Service View in the left panel.
Dynamic View of Cisco UCS Devices
On Cisco UCS devices, the dynamic view shows the components and relationships that make up a Cisco UCS cluster.
Dynamic View of VMware Hosts
On VMware Hosts (ESX servers), the dynamic view shows the relative VMware elements that are connected to the host, such as:
- VMs that currently are running on the Host
- Data stores that are mounted by the Host
- Clusters to which the Host belongs
Dynamic View of Storage Devices
On storage devices, such as NetApp Filers, there are two dynamic views:
- Physical Storage View - Shows the device's storage enclosures and associated hard disks.
- Logical Storage View - Shows the logical storage arrangement that the storage device presents, such as file systems and raid groups.
This ZenPack adds the zenjserver daemon to Zenoss platform.
Normal Installation (packaged egg)
- Download the appropriate egg file for the version of Zenoss you are running.
- Ensure you are logged in as the zenoss user:
$ sudo su - zenoss
- Install the ZenPack:
$ zenpack --install ZenPacks.zenoss.DynamicView-*.egg
- Restart these services:
$ zenoss restart
New: Don't forget to add yourself to the Zenoss User Map!blog comments powered by Disqus