From Zenoss Wiki
Revision as of 11:16, 22 December 2015 by Jcurry
Clearing the Event Index Files
Symptoms that might indicate this are when:
- You can access MySQL correctly via command line commands
- RabbitMQ shows queues correctly
- Error message ending in "ServiceResponseError: Service Unavailable"
Ensure you have a backup position before trying this but I have found it often successful and it hasn't yet broken anything. Instructions are for Zenoss 4.x.
- Stop all Zenoss processes with:
- Navigate to $ZENHOME/var/zeneventserver
- All the files under this directory make up the event index
index summary archive
- Move all files to a safe place OUTSIDE the $ZENHOME/var directory structure, leaving a blank directory
mv index /opt/zenoss/mysafe
- Restart Zenoss - the index files should all be rebuilt