Convert a ZenPack to Development Mode
In the case that you lost the original ZenPack source and must work from an egg file, the following simple method will allow you to convert an egg file installation back to development mode. This will allow you to make changes to the ZenPack and export it again to an egg afterwards.
- Install the egg with the zenpack --install command.
- Restart Zope with "zopectl restart" (or restart zenwebserver if you are an enterprise user).
- Copy the ZenPack development files into the egg's directory (ignore the messages about it omitting directories):
- cp $ZENHOME/Products/ZenModel/ZenPackTemplate/* $ZENHOME/ZenPacks/ZenPacks.PACKAGE.PACKNAME/
- Go into the ZenPack from the ZenPacks section under Advanced -> Settings.
- Increment the version number and click save. You can return it to the previous version number afterwards and click save again. This step forces it to populate the zenpack template files that you copied over with the correct information.
- Modify the ZenPack
- Export the ZenPack