From Zenoss Wiki
Revision as of 13:39, 20 November 2013 by Crouthamela $7
The purpose of this page is to cover the ins and outs of installing ZenPacks, eggs, etc.
- Overview of ZenPacks and /opt/zenoss/ZenPacks directory
- Importance of proper .egg file names (renamed eggs don't work)
- Don't put all your eggs in one basket (keep .egg files out of /opt/zenoss/ZenPacks -- zenpack install will try to create a directory of the same name inside /opt/zenoss)
- Don't forget to restart zenoss after install (so zenoss internals can be updated and patched.) Symptoms: device and component methods not existing.
- Using link mode
- Converting from "regular" mode to link mode in-place
- Include Convert a ZenPack to Development Mode and related tips.