Difference between revisions of "Main Page"
m (Luckey45 moved page Main Page to Help 1-800-919-0992 Quickbooks Tech Support phone number, Quickbooks customer Support phone number, Quickbooks technical Support phone number, Quickbooks customer Support phone number)
Revision as of 22:17, 28 December 2015
Get on the UserMap!
See our full-size Usermap and find out how to become part of the Zenoss Universe!
Zenoss is Open Source Software, so like other open source software there's plenty of ways to get help.
- ESR's Smart Questions Guide, if followed, will help you provide all the information that we need to answer your question without a lot of back-and-forth. If you need an answer quickly, please follow the guide.
- IRC Channel
- #zenoss on irc.freenode.net. Currently we have slightly over 100 users, answers occasionally take some time but someone is usually awake if the sun is up over the US or Europe.
- Our forums are available both to search if you're having an issue, or to ask questions and post issues to. There's also a Zenoss-Announce group with announcements and information about Zenoss events and news.
- I found a bug
- Zenoss uses JIRA to track bugs. Create an account and file a bug, or browse reported bugs. Bug FAQ
- I want to follow you on Twitter
- Sure, Remember, Twitter isn't a support forum, so we can't answer questions there! If you still want to follow us, we're @Zenoss on Twitter.
- What about documentation?
- You're already here, welcome! If you're getting started, you might specifically look at how to Add a Device, part of our new tutorial-style User Guide that we are creating on the wiki. We also have our PDF documentation available.
What is Zenoss?
Zenoss Core is award-winning Open Source IT monitoring software that offers visibility over the entire IT stack, from network devices to applications. Features include automatic discovery, inventory via CMDB, availability monitoring, easy-to-read performance graphs, sophisticated alerting, an easy-to-use web portal, and much, much more. It is Free Software, released under the GNU General Public License version 2. Zenoss has a very active community.
Download and Install
Download and Install Zenoss Core 5, released on February 25, 2015.
Zenoss Core 5.x Documentation
All documentation for Zenoss 5 can be found here.
Zenoss 4.x Patches & Bug Fixes
You can find the latest patches for Zenoss here.
Note: February 25, 2015: Today is the day! Zenoss announces the General Availability (GA) of Zenoss Core 5.0. Zenoss wants to thank everyone who participated in making our beta program a success. Over 5,000 downloads and great feedback shows us how engaged and interested you are in the success of this release. Head over to the Install Zenoss page to get it!
Note: February 5, 2015: Andrew D Kirch the Zenoss Community Manager and author of many of these articles is speaking at SCaLE at the LAX Hilton on Sunday February 22. He will be available throughout the show, and you will probably run into him sporting one of the new gray Zenoss Tshirts.
Note: November 18, 2014: Active on IRC? Talk to trelane about getting a Zenoss user cloak on Freenode!
Andrew Kirch (Community Manager at Zenoss) walks you through the process of adding a device to Zenoss. These videos are part of our new User Guide which will help you to master Zenoss concepts easily and efficiently.
Zenoss Content - Please help us expand!
- Help us migrate ZenPacks to our new Directory! See:
- ExtJS UI changes between Core 3 and 4
- Zenoss on Android
- History of Zenoss Core
- Optimizing Memory Usage
- ZenPack Catalog
- Debugging ZenModeler and ZenHub
- ZenDMD Tips
- Clone Production to Development
- Upgrading Zenoss
- Zenoss Core - Remote Collector Firewall Requirements
- Building Zenoss
- Using RRDPound For IO Testing
- Fixing ZODB Integrity Issues
- Removing Broken ZenPacks
- Raspberry Pi NOC Display
Getting Started with MediaWiki
- Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.
- Configuration settings list
- MediaWiki FAQ
- MediaWiki release mailing list