ZenPack:Cisco UCS Director
- Zenoss, Inc.
- ZenPack name
- Cisco UCS Director (5.3)
Cisco UCS Director ZenPack
The ZenPack Catalog has moved to its new home at https://www.zenoss.com/product/zenpacks as of January 17, 2017. The following information may be out of date, and this page will eventually be removed.
This ZenPack is included with commercial versions of Zenoss and enterprise support for this ZenPack is provided to Zenoss customers with an active subscription.
- Version 1.0.0- Download
- Released on 2015/05/08
- Requires PythonCollector ZenPack,vSphere ZenPack
- Compatible with Zenoss Resource Manager 4.2.x, Zenoss Resource Manager 5.0.x
This ZenPack provides support for modeling the Impact Relationships of UCS Director, specifically Tenants, Virtual Datacenters, and VMWare Virtual Machines.
The features added by this ZenPack can be summarized as follows. They are each detailed further below.* Initial discovery and modeling of Tenants and vDCs.* Event management.* Service impact and root cause analysis. (Requires Zenoss Service Dynamics)
The following components will be automatically discovered through the UCS-D connection info you provide. The properties and relationships will be continually maintained by periodically checking the UCS-D API.
- Attributes: None
- Relationships: Virtual Datacenters belong to a single Tenant
Virtual Data Centers (vDC)
- Attributes: None
- Relationships: Virtual Datacenters belong to a single Tenant and can contain many Virtual Machines.
- Attributes: Corresponding VMWare VM
- Relationships: Virtual Machines belong to a single vDC
Events are created for success or failure while collecting information from the UCS-D host
Service Impact and Root Cause Analysis
When combined with the Zenoss Service Dynamics product, this ZenPack adds built-in service impact and root cause analysis capabilities for UCS topologies, including vSphere Virtual Machines.
Internal Impact Relationships
- vDC failure impacts the parent Tenant
- VM failure impacts the parent vDC
External Impact Relationships
- vSphere VM failure impacts the related VM
Adding UCS Director Endpoint
Use the following steps to start monitoring UCS Director using the Zenoss web interface.
- Navigate to the Infrastructure page.
- Choose Add UCS Director Endpoint from the add device button.
- Fill out the form.
- Name can be anything you want.
- Port is the http port used to access the UCS Director Dashboard, probably 80.
- API Key is the UCS Director admin API Key.
- Click ADD.
Installing this ZenPack will add the following items to your Zenoss system.
- zCiscoUCSDHostname: Hostname of the UCS-D Instance
- zCiscoUCSDAPIKey: Admin API Key for the UCS-D Instance
- zCiscoUCSDPolicyTrigger: Service Impact Policy for Availability and Performance
- zCiscoUCSDPort: HTTP port of the UCS-D instance
- Initial release.
Normal Installation (packaged egg)
- Download the appropriate egg file for the version of Zenoss you are running.
- Ensure you are logged in as the zenoss user:
$ sudo su - zenoss
- Install the ZenPack:
$ zenpack --install ZenPacks.zenoss.CiscoUCSDirector-*.egg
- Restart these services:
$ zenoss restart
New: Don't forget to add yourself to the Zenoss User Map!blog comments powered by Disqus