A ZenPack is a plug-in or extension to Zenoss. Typically, ZenPacks add the ability to monitor new types of devices, but can also be used to add new capabilities to the software itself, add new reports, etc. The extensibility available via ZenPacks is a critical part of Zenoss, as datacenters have lots of different types of hardware and software (such as cloud services) that need to be monitored, and ZenPacks allow you to monitor everything!
There are hundreds of ZenPacks available, some developed, supported, and maintained by Zenoss, and many others that are developed and maintained by the Zenoss user community. You are probably looking for one these three kinds of ZenPacks:
- Free Zenoss ZenPacks
- These are ZenPacks developed by Zenoss, Inc. which are open source and freely available. This is the place to look for official ZenPacks if you're a Zenoss Core user.
- Commercial ZenPacks
- These are ZenPacks developed by Zenoss Inc. which are closed source, and require a commercial license to access. Each ZenPack has a link in the gold box to request additional information on obtaining these ZenPacks.
- All Zenoss ZenPacks
- These are all of the ZenPacks developed and supported by Zenoss, Inc. This is the place to look for official ZenPacks if you're a Zenoss Commercial customer. Some of the ZenPacks listed here are only available with a Zenoss subscription.
- Community ZenPacks
- These are Open Source ZenPacks that have been developed by our user community, and can be downloaded and installed for free. These ZenPacks are built using an auto-build system which makes .egg files available to you for download. Unless otherwise noted, a ZenPack in this catalog is a community ZenPack.
- All ZenPacks
- This is the complete list of published ZenPacks.
Here are some other ways to look at available ZenPacks.